The NIC provides many opportunities for people with language skills, whether you:
- graduated from university
- studied the language while living overseas
- are a native-born speaker of another language.
Many NIC agencies value language skills, including the:
- Australian Security Intelligence Organisation
- Australian Secret Intelligence Service
- Australian Signals Directorate.
Some of the jobs involve:
- translation of intelligence and other documents
- understanding foreign media
- working with foreign partners
- providing information on the culture and customs of other countries and peoples.
Our agencies who send people abroad, often need those people to be fluent in another language for a posting.