When visiting this site, a record of your visit to is logged. Recording usage patterns helps us to, among other things, identify areas of our site that are popular and those that are not. Your browser provides the following information:
• the type of browser and operating system used;
• the previous site that you visited;
• your server's IP address (ie. a number unique to the computer through which you are connected to the Internet);
• the date and time of your visit;
• the length of time spent at the site; and
• the pages accessed and the documents downloaded.
Staff who access the data referred to above are subject to the Office of National Intelligence Act 2018 (the Act) and Privacy Rules issued by the Prime Minister pursuant to section 53 of the Act.
ONI’s Privacy Rules are developed in consultation with the Attorney-General, the Privacy Commissioner and the Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security. These rules govern the communication, handling and retention by ONI of identifiable information about Australian persons.
The IGIS regularly inspects ONI's compliance with its privacy rules.